Sunday, April 4, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude Day 5

Day 5 (Sunday the 4th)

Today is Easter. I am so thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that on the third day he rose. I know that Christ was resurrected and has a body of flesh and bone. I know that because of his sacrifice that I too will be resurrected and have eternal life with my family. I am so thankful for this testimony. I know that families can be together forever. My friend died this last week, and even though I am sad I know that I will see her again. It is so comforting to know that this life does not end with death. I am thankful to my parents who raised me to believe this way. I am thankful to my church and all the examples I had so that I could find my own testimony as well. I am thankful for the scriptures that teach me what Christ would have me do. I am thankful for the life that I have been given and the strength I have been given to endure it. It's not easy to live the way Christ showed us, but I know that it's the right way. I know that through family scripture study, family prayer, family home evening, and attending church and taking the sacrament that I can stay strong and teach my family how to be strong as well. I am so, so thankful for my divine nature. I am so thankful that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father who loves me. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I am also thankful for my family coming over and spending Easter Sunday with us today. We had such a wonderful day playing games and hiding eggs together!

No comments: