Friday, April 2, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude Day 2

Thursday (Day 2)

I am grateful for pizza! I love that I can take myself and four children to lunch and only spend $20. Today we went to Folsom and ate at the pizzaria underneath The Hacienda in Old Town. The little children were going nuts until that delicious ham and pineapple pizza hit the table. Then, golden silence as the little ones munched happily away. I can't think of many things better than kids being good in a restaurant and actually eating all their food!

I am grateful for the zoo. How fun that I can take the kids to see different animals! We had such a wonderful outing today. After lunch we went to the little zoo in Folsom. Peacocks were in full parade, mother hens and their chicks roamed the grounds. We saw foxes, bears, deer, llamas, mountain lions, ravens, monkeys, rabbits, boars, and a menagerie of other animals. Ellis stayed in her stroller and Rowan stayed by my side the whole time. When were done looking at the animals we went around the corner to the little train depot. We all got to take a ride on the train and it was so fun! The conductor was a very nice man in overalls and a train hat. The engine was shiny black and puffed out white steam. We chugged along the figure eight track and toot tooted the whistle. I'm so happy that I have such wonderful places to take the kids!

I'm grateful to have a husband that loves kids. Tonight Chandler had an overnight camp out for Scouts. Another adult was needed for the overnight stay and Bobby answered the call. Because of him, I have the family that I always dreamed of. When he comes home at night everyone is excited! He comes in happy and hugs and kisses everyone. He is so loving, kind, and generous. I am grateful every day to married to such a wonderful man!

I am grateful for my new friends in Auburn. It was fun last night to have a girlfriend over while my husband was away to keep me company. I am so lucky that I was able to make friends so easily in this new town. I feel as though God watches over me and guides me to the people that will help me in my life. For that I am truly grateful.

I am grateful for Benadryl. For three weeks now I have been having breakouts of hives throughout the day. If it weren't for the Benadryl at night I would be wide awake and itching. Thank you modern medicine!

No comments: