Sunday, April 4, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude Day 4

Day 4 (Saturday, April 3rd)

I am thankful for the church up the road that put on the community egg hunt this morning. We brought the kids over to Ashford park at 10am and they had no idea what to do. They stood around and looked at the eggs, like you want me to do what with these? Finally, they threw some candy on the ground and that got my babies moving! They were so cute with their little Easter baskets!

I am thankful for the beautiful scenery driving up Highway 49. Today we went to our Nephew's birthday party in Diamond Springs. The fastest way there is to take 49. I love driving in and out of the canyon, through Coloma and Placerville. Unfortunately, it wasn't as pleasant on the babies stomaches and we had to stop a few times for queasiness. I love, love, love living up here in Gold Country! I feel so much closer to the earth and closer to good down to earth people. It is a good place to be!

I am thankful to have wonderful sister-in-laws. I'm so lucky that Bobby's sisters are such sweet hearts! Every time we get together with them I just love them more. I am very blessed to have married into such a close family.

I am thankful for baby wipes. After Ellis had an upset stomach in the car because of the afore mentioned highway, baby wipes were the only thing that saved us.

I am thankful for my DVR which recorded General Conference while I was gone all day. Hopefully, I will have time to listen to all the talks sometime this week. Our modern technology can truly bless us!

No comments: