Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Preschool Fun

Last September I joined a co-op preschool group. A bunch of ladies from my church down in Rocklin were doing a Joy School type of thing, but just without the official material. I was happy when I was invited because preschool is just SO ridiculously expensive. I wasn't sure how Rowan was going to go to preschool at all! We take turns teaching each week and I have enjoyed it so much. I always have my mom's old cowboy records from when she was little playing when the kids come in or are working on their projects. For some reason I'll think they'll enjoy it! I love coming up with fun snack ideas and projects that have to do with the letter of the week. I wanted to show a few pictures that I have taken from when it's been my turn to teach.

This was a snack I did around Halloween. I call them mummy mouths and are made with apples and almonds. The kids loved them!


This is back in October when we went to the pumpkin patch. They had such a great time!

This next picture is our Christmas party. They were all wearing Santa beards that they made. Rowan still has his and loves it! LOL

Today we were learning about the letter "R", so I thought it would be fun to do a rainbow theme. My mom and I made jello with all the colours of the rainbow. We went over the colours and learned their signs. Then we got to have a yummy treat. After I was sure that they all had a clear idea of a rainbow we did our fun art project. What kid doesn't love finger painting? I love how these turned out!




We also did really cute turkeys in November. We had got on a walk and collected brightly coloured leaves. Then come home and traced their hand on a piece of paper. We drew the turkey's head where the thumb is a put a googley eye and then pasted the leaves where the rest of the fingers were. I think that was my favourite project, so of course, I don't have a picture for it! We still have the rest of Spring for lots more fun and I for one am super excited! (geek out time!)


2 comments:

Shelly Knotts said...

I LOVE your pictures! What fun we have had!

Watts Wild Ride said...

Oh my goodness, I need to call you and you can tell me all about this!