Friday, January 21, 2011

Rowan turns 4!

I can't believe that my "little prince" is already 4 years old! To say that this child had been anticipated is an understatement. Chandler had been asking for a sibling for at least 3 years. I was going through such bad baby withdrawals that I brought home two chihuahuas to care for! With 8 years between Chandler and the new arrival, everyone was excited to have a baby around again. Rowan was born on January 11th, 2007 and we couldn't have been happier to have him. Now 4 years later I find myself reflecting on how much joy this little boy has brought us!
Rowan was and still is such a great sleeper! He sleeps 10 hours a night and takes 2-3 hour naps during the days. Could you ask for anything better?
A Disney Addict from the beginning like the rest of us; he fit right in.

Rowan had barley turned a year old when his partner in crime arrived! It always seems as though Rowan had been waiting for Ellis to come. They are rarely apart and are always happy to see each other after they have been separated.



Throughout Rowan's 2nd year, you could not find him without his Minnie Mouse doll. It was very sweet and I miss those toys that now sit on the shelf.

As Rowan got older, he grew the most beautiful, lovely locks of hair. It broke my heart when we finally cut it!

Rowan kept my hands full during his 3rd year. He proved to be very smart, loving to read and knowing all his letters and numbers. He likes things to be "just so" and has an incredible sense of direction! He always knows where we are going! He has a special relationship with his Papa Knotts and always wants to be working with him. Whether it's building the chicken coop or working on the car, he definitely a boy's boy.




We had many family and friends around this year for Rowan's birthday. And I think that we can all agree that our lives are that much better with this little guy around. He is a joy! Happy birthday, Rowan!







1 comment:

Shelly Knotts said...

Oh, what a nice tribute to Rowan in his 4 years here with us....needless to say, I cried through the whole thing. Such sweet times, lost forever except in our memories. I'm sad to think that Minnie sits on the shelf now....