Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snow Birds and Winter Blooms

It's February in Northern California, and although it's not covered in snow like the rest of the nation, it's still freezing. Time to visit Aunt Brooke in Arizona!
Chandler had last week off of school so the three kids and I braved the 13 hour journey to Surprise, AZ. It was well worth the drive! The first day there Brooke and I took the kids to the Phoenix Children's Museum. This place is amazing. I'm so jealous that I can't go to this place all the time! Here are a few pictures that we took there.







The kids had such a blast pretending to go to the market, making forts, and climbing huge structures!
On Saturday, Uncle Alex took us on a hike. Very different terrain from what we are used to, but still beautiful. We were lucky for an overcast day so that it wasn't too hot!






We had such a wonderful time visiting, but as always it's nice to return home. And here are a few pictures of what our garden greeted with us on our return.


There's no place like home. :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What beautiful pictures! It makes me a bit teary when I see such sweet cousins holding hands and walking together (on the hike). I would treasure these moments...they grow up so fast! What great pictures.

Shelly Knotts said...

Actually --- that comment was from ME! haha!