Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sweet Suzette

Last night a cat got into our coop and now we can't find my sweet little Golden Laced Wyandotte, Suzette. We looked all night for her, but to no avail. The cat was found in the coop laying next to the month old chicks. The larger chickens were scattered with Fifi all the way across the creek and in the neighbor's back yard. I guess we are very lucky that the entire coop wasn't wiped out. I cried and cried and felt so badly for my poor little bird. This morning I decided the only thing to mend my heart was to get a new GLW. When I went to the feed store the only ones they had were 4 days old. I bought one anyway and put her in the brooder with the "hen pecked" month old chicks. They immediately attacked her, so out they came. I gave them back to the feed store and got 3 more 4 day old chicks. A Silver Laced Wyandotte, A Silver Laced Crested Polish and a White Crested Polish. It's kinda a bummer to be starting all over with brand new chicks again, but they are so darling and my heart feels a little lighter. Now to choose some more French names...
The White Crested Polish

Golden Laced Wyandotte
Silver Laced Crested Polish
Silver Laced Wyandotte

No comments: