Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The New Chicks

I went to the feed store today to buy a new light bulb for the chicken coop since the other once burnt out yesterday. While there we saw a large bucket of Bantam chicks, many that were very badly hen pecked. I was looking at the poor little darlings when the owner came up to me and offered that I take them home for free. She said it looked bad to have them there. My heart broke and we are now the owners of 9 chickens. I believe that there are two Silkies and a Frizzle. I still need to think up names for them. I also can't wait until I get a new camera. These shots are hard to see. :(
The black that you see is the medication I have put on them to help heal them faster.
This time, rather than having them inside, I put the brooder in the coop. At night all the chickens will need to share the warm lamp. I'm going to put a framed screen over the brooder so that the big chickens can't get in there.

No comments: