Friday, March 26, 2010

Chickens!

We have decided now that we live in Auburn that it's time to go "a little country". For the last few years I have been wanting to have chickens and this week it became a reality! We have 6 new little chicks that instantly won their way into our hearts! These little ladies are our small way of getting one step closer to a sustainable lifestyle. I took a picture of the brooder we have set up in our sun room and and the little darlings taking a nap together.
In the third picture, you can see pretty clearly who each one is. On the top is our Buff Orpington named Cosette. On the bottom is our White Orpington, Fifi. These girls are both about 4 weeks old. Right above Fifi is our Barred Rock, Cookies and Cream, we call her Cici for short. She is getting close to 3 weeks. In the middle from left to right is our Golden Laced Wyandotte, Suzette she is only in her first week. Then our Ameraucana, Gigi she is in her second week and then our little Rhode Island Red, Rosey. She is also in her second week.

2 comments:

academic poser said...

So cute! I loved having chickens around as a kid. I miss having them around. More reasons I need to come and visit.

Shelly Knotts said...

Love your names, and they are so cute! But, I will never remember the difference between Fifi, Gigi, etc!! I'll just say, "Here, chickie, chickie, chickie!"