Monday, July 19, 2010

Our backyard in the summer.

We love our new house so much and thought I would post a few pictures to show a little of what life is like for us in our backyard during the summer!
The chickens are always looking for a cool place to relax and roam around the backyard. They are so fun to watch!

You can also usually find Ellis and Rowan lounging around or playing with the tractors. Here are a few shots of Ellis playing in the trailer.
At the end of July the blackberries are ripe and ready to be picked! Bobby picks them and I make the pies and jam!

We are also growing our first garden, very trail and error at this stage!

My green cherry tomatoes.

Zucchini

Romain, Bibb, and some other kind of lettuce.

Onions that I planted too close together and chives.

This is my herb garden. We have sage, thyme, stevia, italian oregano, flat and curly parsley, dill and a patch of celery behind all of it.

Here we have some lilies and daisys to coax the bees and such over.

This shows a view of the coop, fire circle, and barked area and where they kids like to play with the tractors! We have so much fun out here! :D

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Dang it, I miss "summer". I want to be able to play outside and have a garden :( I guess I will have to wait until "winter".

Susan said...

Your yard and garden look wonderful! Love the chickens with the crazy mop top.
Susan